(Muslim Press) - Iran has condemned Saudi Arabia over not providing adequate security for a stampede that killed hundreds of pilgrims during the annual Hajj pilgrimage.at least 43 Iranians have died in the Thursday ' s tragedy that claimed hundreds of lives. Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian held Saudi Arabia responsible for a stampede that killed hundreds of pilgrims and added that Saudi ' s envoy to Tehran would be summoned to the foreign ministry. Two paths had been closed off for " unknown reasons " near the site of a symbolic stoning of the devil ritual where an stampede occured, Said Ohadi the head of Iran ' s Hajj organization said. " This caused this tragedy, " he added. " Today ' s incident shows mismanagement and lack of serious attention to the safety of pilgrims. There is no other explanation. The Saudi officials should be held accountable, " Ohadi said. Saudi Arabia ' s civil defense serves said at least 717 pilgrims were killed and 863 hurt.Recommended:Hajj pilgrimage 2015[Photos]