The Turkish military has successfully evacuated soldiers guarding a tomb in Syria, but one soldier was killed in an accident during the mission, an official said on Sunday.Turkey’s armed forces launched the operation late on Saturday to evacuate soldiers guarding the mausoleum of Suleyman Shah, grandfather of the founder of the Ottoman Empire, two senior Turkish officials earlier told Reuters. Reports last week said that a Turkish military column had entered northern Syria to relieve the garrison guarding the tomb near the town of Kobani. The Turkish prime minister Ahmet Davutoglu said 100 military vehicles, including 39 tanks, were involved in the operation. Coalition forces fighting Isis in the area were informed of the operation once it was under way, he said.SEE ALSO:UN reveals connection between Israel and terrorists in Syria Kobani was held by militants from Islamic State before being retaken by Kurdish forces in January. Some 40 Turkish troops guarded the tomb which sits in Syria’s embattled Aleppo province and is considered Turkish territory.