The Venezuelan government has condemned the Israeli regime’s latest invasion of the besieged Gaza Strip as an “inhumane policy of genocide.” In a statement on Saturday, the Caracas government said Israel has "initiated a higher phase of its policy of genocide and extermination with the ground invasion of the Palestinian territory, killing innocent men, women, girls and boys." President Nicolas Maduro calls for an emergency meeting of the UN human rights council to condemn Israel for its atrocities against occupied Palestine and its inhumane policy of genocide and extermination of innocents, which could not be justified as like-for-like warfare, the statement said. "Venezuela also rejects the cynical campaigns trying to condemn both parties equally, when it is clear you cannot morally compare occupied and massacred Palestine with the occupying regime, Israel, which also possesses military superiority and acts on the margins of international law," according to the statement. President Maduro has been speaking out against Israel's latest attacks on Palestinians in Gaza since the beginning of the offensive 12 days ago. During Israel's previous ground invasion of Gaza in 2009, the late former President Hugo Chavez, who died of cancer last year, condemned the Tel Aviv regime for committing its own holocaust against Palestinians. Maduro was late Chavez's foreign minister at the time and was elected president after his demise. The Israeli army’s warplanes have been carrying out incessant airstrikes against Gaza since July 8. Early on Thursday, thousands of Israeli troops launched a ground incursion into the densely-populated strip. So far, nearly 350 people, including women and children, have been killed by the Israeli regime in the besieged Strip despite calls by the international community for Israel to end its brutal onslaught.