The United Nations has expressed anxiety over the Israeli regime’s continued deadly strikes on the besieged Gaza Strip as the attacks have so far claimed nearly 310 lives. Jeffrey Feltman, the UN under secretary-general for political affairs, told a Friday emergency UN Security Council meeting that the death toll from the Israeli attacks is appalling. “The secretary-general was shocked by the terrible killing by an Israeli strike of four children on a beach on Gaza City on 16th of July. Three more children from one family were killed yesterday. No further illustration is needed. The violence must end,” the UN official said. Feltman also stated that the Israeli strikes are targeting Palestinian homes, schools, and infrastructure in the Gaza Strip. This comes as the Israeli prime minister claims mostly Hamas fighters and their positions are being targeted in the attacks. Feltman urged for the opening of all crossings to the blockaded Palestinian territory. He also called for a ceasefire and the delivery of more humanitarian assistance to the people of Gaza. This is while the military-backed regime in Cairo has maintained the shutdown of its Rafah border crossing with the Israeli-blockaded Gaza, depriving the residents of the Palestinian enclave access to emergency supplies and basic goods. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon plans to visit the Middle East on Saturday, he said. The Friday UN Security Council session ended without a serious resolution to save the lives of civilians in Gaza.