A senior Iranian commander says world powers suffered their latest defeat against the Resistance Front when their conspiracy to launch a military strike against Syria failed.
“So far, the enemies’ plot for military intervention in Syria has failed, ” Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps(IRGC) Major General Mohammad - Ali Jafari said on Monday. The top general further added that almost all the schemes drawn up by the enemies against the Resistance Front have failed.
“Given the fact that enemies cannot overcome the Resistance Front in Syria, they definitely cannot take any action against the Islamic Republic of Iran, ” the commander underlined.
The war rhetoric against Syria intensified after foreign-backed opposition forces accused the government of President Bashar al-Assad of launching a chemical attack on militant strongholds in the suburbs of Damascus on August 21. Damascus has vehemently denied the accusations, saying the attack was carried out by the militants themselves as a false-flag operation to provoke foreign military intervention. On September 10, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem said Damascus is ready to implement a Russian proposal to place its chemical weapons arsenal under international control. The Russian government proposed the initiative during a meeting between Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Muallem in Moscow on September 9. In response, US President Barack Obama asked Congress to delay a vote on authorizing military action against Syria in order to give the Russian proposal a chance to play out. On September 3, the UN secretary general said that only the Security Council can authorize any use of force against Syria over the alleged chemical weapons attack.