The death toll from a car bombing that ripped through a Beirut stronghold of the Lebanese Shia movement Hezbollah has risen to at least 30, the health ministry said yesterday. The toll is the highest in Lebanon since a massive car bomb attack on the Beirut seafront killed then prime minister Rafik al-Hariri and 22 others in February 2005. “At least 30 people died and 336 others were wounded in the car bomb attack that targeted the Rweiss neighbourhood on Thursday,” the office of Health Minister Ali Hassan Khalil said. An earlier toll on Friday said at least 27 people had been killed when an explosives packed car blew up in the densely populated mostly-Shia district in Beirut’s southern suburbs. But Khalil’s office said three people died of their injuries overnight Friday while two more bodies were found, raising the death toll.