Israeli forces raided al - Araqib carrying arms and batons as bulldozers tore down homes on Thursday, resident Aziz al - Turi told Palistinain news agency Ma’an.
Another resident, Maher Abu Qreinat, said that homes and other structures were pulled down in the Negev village of Abu Qreinat on the same day.
Amnesty International called on Israel to stop “demolitions of Arab Bedouin homes” after Israeli forces performed a previous raid on al - Araqib in July.
" The Israeli government ' s Prawer - Begin plan would lead to the forced eviction of tens of thousands of Arab Bedouin citizens of Israel, ” Philip Luther, director of Amnesty International ' s Middle East and North Africa Program, said. “The plan is inherently discriminatory, flies in the face of Israel ' s international obligations and cannot be accepted in any circumstances. "
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay also slammed Tel Aviv in July, urging Israel to reconsider its plans to relocate the Bedouin to officially recognized towns such as Rahat, Khura, and Ksayfe.
The Israeli regime approved the Prawer - Begin Bill in January, calling for the relocation 30,000-40,000 Bedouins and the demolition of about 40 villages which the regime considers to be illegal.
The bill was approved by the Israeli parliament, the Knesset, during its first reading in June. Two additional votes are expected to take place.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu previously claimed that the move would “put an end to the spread of illegal building by Negev Bedouin and lead to the better integration of the Bedouin into Israeli society. ”
The Bedouins refuse to be relocated, saying they purchased their land in the Negev desert before the establishment of Israeli regime.
There are around 210,000 Bedouins in the occupied lands, most of them live in and around the Negev desert in the southern part of the country. More than half of them reside in unrecognized villages which lack basic infrastructure. Many Bedouins also live in extreme poverty.