Millions of Yemeni Shi'ite Muslims chanting "death to America" and "death to Israel" buried the remains of the founder of the Houthi movement on Wednesday, nine years after he was martyred in fighting with regime forces. Crowds braved sweltering temperatures and windy conditions in the rugged northern Yemeni mountains as they made their way to the burial site, where his followers were deployed in large numbers. The Yemeni regime turned over the remains of Hussein Badr Al din Al-Houthi to his family earlier this year after 9 years to bolster national reconciliation talks aimed at drafting a new constitution ahead of elections scheduled next year. The previous cruel regime leader Ali Abdullah Saleh, who stepped down last year after a popular uprising, originally buried Houthi at the central prison in Sanaa to prevent his grave becoming a shrine for the Shia Zaidi sect from which he came. The Houthis are an important tribe belonging to the Shi'ite Zaidi sect, whose Hashemite line ruled for 1,000 years before the 1962 revolution, and which accounts for about 25 percent of Yemen's population of 25 million. It controls the northern province of Saada and parts of the neighboring provinces of Omran, al-Jouf and Hajja bordering top oil exporter Saudi Arabia. A representative of Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi attended the funeral. But a spokesman for the Houthis accused the government of refusing to give visas to several dignitaries who wanted to travel to Yemen to attend the ceremony, and of tearing down pictures of Houthi put up in the capital Sanaa. "This shows the authorities have not moved far from the position of the previous regime," Mohammed Abdel-Salam said and Complained of social, religious and economic discrimination against Shiite Muslims in Yemen". Mohammed Abdel-Salam in a statement, revealed details of Hussein al-Huthi death; he accused the regime of committing a heinous crime where they besieged him with his wives and sons on a cliff in Maran village on September 10, 2004. The siege continued for 3 months in conjunction with the war imposed by the authorities on Sa’ada, accompanied by efforts to prevent the media from covering the war and denying them access to Maran. “They were besieged with aircraft and artillery bombing, leading to a lack of food and medicine. They also cut off the water pipes and poured gasoline into a shelf, and then they bombed and set fire to it,” the statement said. In spite of all that, Al-Houthi remained alive and after authorities promised safety to him, he came down from the cliff wounded and according to some of his companions, the authorities broke their promise and shot him from every side. In August 2009, the Saleh regime - backed by Saudi Arabia - launched Operation Scorched Earth to uproot the Houthis. Clashes and skirmishes continued until February 12, 2010, when the Shia fighters accepted the regime’s ceasefire proposal.