Scholars talk about role of Ulama in Islamic awakening
In the name of God
The report of committee 2
The role of Ulama in Islamic awakening
To discuss subjects singled out by the secretariat of the first world conference of Ulama and Islamic Awakening, the Committee of The role of Ulama in Islamic awakening was held in Tehran on April 29 2013 corresponding to Jamadi althani 18 1434 and Ordibehesht 9 1392r. This meeting was chaired by Dr. Molana Basharoddin and it was attended by more than one hundred Muslim Thinkers and Ulama who are involved in political and social areas of Islamic Awakening from all around the world.
In this committee, twenty five Muslim Ulama & Thinkers presented their lectures and papers:
Moreover, some of the participants expressed their views regarding the raised issues.
The views in this committee generally emphasized the following items:
1. The unique role of Ulama in development, continuity and leading the Islamic Awakening Movement reveals and highlights their necessary desirable characteristics for leading the movement. Dealing with bigotry and paying attention to the latest human being scientific achievements as well as needs and demands of new Islamic societies is necessary for all Islamic Ulama.
2. The main task of the Islamic world Ulama and Scholars in current situation is explanation and promotion of goals and desires of the movement of Islamic Awakening that can be possible in the light of permanent Ijtihad and continuous Jihad in both theoretical and practical areas. Explanation of the dimensions of the Islamic Awakening theory and its Quranic, traditional, jurisprudential and theological foundations for public is necessary as a way of restoring the Islamic Ummah true identity and embarking on an integrated movement in reconstructing this identity.
3. The Islamic Ulama as intellectual leaders of Islamic societies have a key role in maintaining confidence and proper guidance of the Islamic Awakening Movement. Establishing and maintaining the spirit of endeavors and self - belief among people and can play an important role in the process of retrieving the new Islamic civilization.
4. Based on Quranic verses Ulama are responsible to protect Quran and pure Islam and to deal with the wrongful traits attributed to the religion; Ulama are needed to surpass other people in taking position and in standing against the arrogant powers and the challenges facing Islamic society.
5. Ulama must use all scientific tools including bilateral meetings, specialized scientific and public conferences in order to develop moderation and temperance approach. To this end they need to use institutions working on proximity of schools of thought revising the current approach towards different religious, jurisprudential, and ethical schools of thought
6. Dealing with those extremist intellectual approaches that are against expressive orders stipulated in the Islamic Book and Traditions. It goes without saying that extremist views shall be denounced in favor of protection dignity of Islam.
7. Issuance of Fatwa shall necessarily rest upon Ulama specialized in Quran, Islamic traditions and the relevant knowledge; The Ulema who are elites in the field of jurisprudence and who are entitled to interpret religious verdicts and who are quite informed of the issues taking place in the society on daily basis.
The participants also proposed the following:
1. The need to re - explain and re - present thoughts of Islamic thinkers and scholars in recent centuries including views of Seyyed Jamaleddin Assadabadi, Sheykh Hassan Banna, Seyyed Ghotb Eghbal Lahouri, Mohammad Abdoh, Abdolghader Jazayeri, Mohammad Senousi, Saeid Noursi, Ayatollah Kashani, Imam Mousa Sadr, Ayatollah Mohammad Bagher Sadr, Imam Khomeini, Sheykh Ezzeddin Ghassam, Seyyed Esmail Balkhi, Seyyed Navab Safavi, Ayatollah Khamenei and others for people.
2. The necessity for raising awareness of Muslim Ummah on the Islamic world Ulama ' s campaign and practices and also presenting successful revolutionary political movements and currents with respect to the emergence and continuity of Islamic Awakening.
3. The need to consider and pay attention to areas of interaction and cooperation of Islamic world Ulama on the unity of Islamic world and the proximity of schools of thoughts and establishment of World Union of Ulamma for resistance and proximity.
4. The need to national and global empowerment of the Islamic societies,
5. The need to establish unity among Shiite and Sunni Ulema in order to deal with excommunication groups.
6. The need to embark on economic, cultural and intellectual developments parallel with political developments.