US-led coalition’s strikes near an ISIS stronghold in Syria’s Raqa in March has killed at least 84 civilians, including dozens of children, Human Rights Watch reported on Monday.

The rights group said the strikes hit two sites including a school housing displaced families in the town of Mansourah as well as a market and bakery in the town of Tabqa.

The group noted that witnesses acknowledged ISIS fighters had been present at both sites, but that large number of civilians were also present there.

“These attacks killed dozens of civilians, including children, who had sought shelter in a school or were lining up to buy bread at a bakery,” HRW deputy emergencies director Ole Solvang said.

“If coalition forces did not know that there were civilians at these sites, they need to take a long, hard look at the intelligence they are using to verify its targets because it clearly was not good enough.”

The rights group also said the first of the two strikes was conducted on March 20, killing at least 40 people including 16 children at the Badia School in Mansourah.

The second, it said, was carried out on March 22, killing at least 44 people including 14 children at the Tabqa market and bakery.