Turkish police arrested the suspect behind a deadly New Year’s Eve attack on a night club in the country after a lengthy man hunt.

Abdulkadir Masharipov was found in a police raid on a residential apartment in Istanbul’s Esenyurt district, Turkey’s state-run TRT network said early on Tuesday.

Shortly after the inauguration of the New Year, a lone gunman that had made his way into an upscale club starting shooting at people. Thirty nine people were killed and nearly seventy others sustained injuries in the shooting spree.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack.

The suspect, reportedly, had been living in an apartment rented in the name of a Kyrgyz who was also detained.

Three women were also detained, and his four-year-old son has been placed under protection.

The gunman is believed to be a trained killed who had fought for ISIS terrorist group in Syria.

A total of 25 people have hitherto been arrested in relation to the cruel attack, the latest of whom being two Chinese people hailing from the Uighur community.

Turkey’s Hurriyet Daily News reported earlier in January that the assailant’s wife ha said in her testimony that she learned the attack from the TV. She claimed she didn’t know that her hushband was an ISIS sympathizer, let alone a terrorist.