A top Iranian official has accused three countries of being involved in the leakage of confidential information about the country’s nuclear program.

The incident caused a strong protest from Iranian officials.

“Our assumption is that three countries have a role in leaking this data and we have also lodged a protest over the issue,” Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran said on Saturday.

Citing a classified document, the Associated Press has said that Iran’s scaling back of its nuclear program under the last year’s deal between the country and the P5+1 group “will start to ease years before the 15-year accord expires.”

Iran says the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is responsible for the leak. The IAEA, however, has strongly denied disclosing the secret information.

“Tehran is not afraid of the disclosure of the entire documents,” Kamalvandi said. “But they were not supposed to be available to international media so quickly.”

He added that Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) and relevant authorities are aware of the content of the agreement and that lawmakers will be provided with document if necessary.

“Even the disclosure of the entire information cannot harm our security and nuclear activities,” Kamalvandi said.

He also accused Washington of being involved in the leak, saying such actions are politically motivated as a result of the heated election campaigns in the US.